This year end caught me a bit in the middle of a few important things that are not over yet, however, the end of the year couldn’t be postponed, so let’s look back a little and find what has changed:
- I left Luxoft and joined Yandex in March 2013. I never regret about changing Team Lead position for a position of Senior Developer. And I’m not going back for a Team Lead in service company any time soon. Twice as less stress in Yandex and the pay is even better now (it was slightly less at the beginning, but then I started doing amazing things in Yandex and it got compensated by a number of bonuses)
- I got married. It was not like a whole big multi-day show, we did it quite modestly with ~25 people invited. Mostly my wife’s relatives who live closer than mine. I had only my parents. It is a pretty important move for me and after half a year of family life all I can say is — I enjoy it. Luckily, it doesn’t look like it is going to turn into a poop.
- I travelled, but not that much. I’ve been to Ukraine a couple times, Voronezh, Novosibirsk, plan to do more traveling in 2014.
- Financially, the year was fine. Expenses were large, but they were all compensated by a few big and unexpected bonuses in Yandex.
- I have passed 4 dental surgeries since the summer. And it is not over yet.
- A few important personal projects are in progress. Hope they end up as a big life milestone going forward, yet I’m not here to tell in advance.
Hope to deliver more excitement to my readers next year 🙂
P.S. Here is my wife Masha: